Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Dracula



I whooped Dracula up last night. Dana and I were sitting downstairs looking on the computer when she ran upstairs for my bible. Suddenly I hear her scream and she flew down the steps. "There's a bat, there's a bat in the house." At first we weren't sure if it were a bat or bird but sure enough it was a bat. We reluctantly went up to the main level wondering if it was going to swoop down and attack us. To our relief there was no sign of the bat or our cats, which wasn't a good sign. That's means it was up stairs Dana was the first to go (how brave she was by the way) up to our room where we saw our cool cat Bandit sitting on our dresser. We knew the bat was up in our drapes hiding, waiting for the right moment to strike. A we approached the window the tension grew. "Lift the drapes and I'll spring the beach towel trap" I said to Dana. "HELL NO" she replied. I offered to switch the positions but we couldn't come to an agreement. All of a sudden the bat dropped down out of the drapes, his fangs were glistening with the intent to kill. I moved to the left, moved to the right and with amazing bravery and pinpoint accuracy I nabbed the beast. It fell to the floor and with a frightening quickness the beast started to attack. His little claws were tearing at my skin. Taking off chunks at will. I was for a moment at his mercy. Until I felt a power from deep down rise in me like the power I feel when I'm whooping Dave K. In hold'em. I reached around the massive head of the beast putting him in the sleeper hold, rendering him helpless in the seemingly endless battle. Finally the task was complete. I took him out to our front yard where I released him unharmed. I wish I could have gotten that on video. It might not have played out exactly like I described but it would have been close.
Talk to ya later

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Whooping me in poker isn't a feeling you get often, is it?

Will said...

Two things:

1. Best weapon against a bat is a tennis racquet. Trust me, I have experience.

2. Bats carry rabies... you sure you didn't get bitten? I'm sure your wife or your golf partner can explain what happens to you if you have it.

Jeff said...

It was probably a sparrow!

~Mrs. DCS RN~ said...

YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!

Diane said...

Go Eli, Go Eli, Go Eli............

Anonymous said...

When Dana told me the story it didn't quite go like that, she used the term "screamed like a school girl." Maybe she lies too.